Here is an update on some of the issues reported in our Let’s fix it – 50 things in 50 days campaign:
- I am very grateful to the Council Depot officers have already rectified five items (two heavily-littered areas and three graffiti’s).
- Surrey Police will replace two signs.
- South Western Railway will level the widened exit.
- BT will remove two redundant boxes.
- I have traced the owners of 78 to 88 High Street (Co-op building and forecourt) and written to them.
- I visited Surrey Fire and Rescue and they will check out the blocked stairway.
- I visited Surrey CC Highways, they will look afresh at several items and help us with the ownership of two areas. We/I will have to clean grubby signs ourselves and re-face the worn out footpath sign ourselves.
- I visited Bourne Hall Health Centre and they have written to their landlords.
- The pictures on the new Bourne Hall website illustrate that they want it to look as attractive as we do. Spot they cleared away all the banners for the photographer.
I am receiving lots of positive feedback to this initiative. It should overcome the decline into ‘Why should I mend my bits when no-one else is ?’
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all our readers who have shared this campaign and remind everyone that we would love to see your “before” and “after” pictures of anything you do to make our village a nicer place to live in.