We are inviting all of our residents to take part in some of the activities happening in Ewell for the festival happening in Epsom and Ewell from 2nd until 8th of July.
This will be the second MGSO4 Epsom & Ewell Arts Festival and the theme of the festival is Discovery in celebration of the 400-year anniversary of the discovery of Epsom Salts. On the events page there are 13 individual events in Ewell alone – as well as events at venues in Epsom. Find all the details following the link below:
The Ewell events are:
The Next Placement: Reflection Theatre’s award–winning show about a boy in foster care and his search for a place to call home. (NESCOT Performing Arts Space) Tuesday 3 July
Dinner with The BB Horns: Jazz funk cabaret from 10-piece professional touring band, with meal from Le Raj Academy NESCOT Performing Arts Space) Wednesday 4 July
Journey of Discovery Contemporary Art Exhibition: NESCOT atrium space (FREE) 2-7 July
On Saturday 7th July, Bourne Hall, Ewell will become a festival hub with events from 10am to 9pm
- Sound of Music drop-in discovery session for all ages
- Costumed life-drawing workshop
- Discovering Collage workshop for adults
- Daily Salter – writing headlines for our mysterious festival newspaper
- Children’s craft and design workshops from author-illustrator Lucy Volpin
- The Lost Words of Epsom competition winners
- Grass dance show for younger children – performed on real turf
- Writing Relationships – workshops for readers and writers with author Claire Dyer
- Festival Premiere: The Story of Henry Wicker – performance of specially commissioned musical work for piano & cello, telling through music the story of the discovery of Epsom Salts.